“Kristina is a caring, and, at the same time, tenacious literary agent. Not only did she provide a great result for my book, she also educated me on the publishing process from start to finish. She went, and continues to go, above and beyond for me and my work. I consider Kristina a most valuable partner moving forward — my career wouldn’t be the same without her.”
– Garret Kramer | Author of Stillpower: Excellence with Ease in Sports – and Life (Beyond Words/Atria/Simon & Schuster 2012)
“Kristina’s advice has been consistently excellent, her communication style is frank yet supportive, and her vision for our professional relationship inspires me. She really cares about the big picture, not just the short-term objective. I’ve had other agents and Kristina is by far the best I’ve worked with. I believe she is invested both in my career and me personally. Anyone fortunate to be represented by Kristina will be in kind, skilled hands.”
– Gregory Lang | Six-time New York Times bestselling author, over 3 million copies sold
“Kristina came into my life serendipitously — as most of my favorite people do.
She saw potential in me, helped refine my ideas, guided me through the surprisingly twisty-and-litigious process of negotiating a book deal … and long story short? She helped make my dreams of becoming a published author come true.
I’m thanking Kristina in the back of my book — and I suspect I’ll keep thanking her, for years to come.”
– Alexandra Franzen | Author of 50 Ways To Say You’re AWESOME (Sourcebooks)
“Kristina’s enthusiasm for my project was evident from the very beginning, and her passion and determination has never waivered. I am in awe of Kristina’s seemingly limitless knowledge, patience, and capacity to give. She is a wise and skilled advisor, a most willing and talented editor, and an empathetic and fiercely determined ally. I quite simply respect the heck out of her, have mad appreciation for her, and consider her my MVP!”
– Crissy Trask | Bestselling author of It’s Easy Being Green: A Handbook For Earth Friendly Living, and the forthcoming Go Green, Spend Less, Live Better: The Ultimate Guide to Saving the Planet, Saving Money, and Protecting Your Health
“The beginning of my publishing career was a rather unusual one. I was approached by a publisher in February 2012, and was asked to write an entire book proposal in one weekend. I enlisted Kristina’s help in putting the proposal together, and despite the fact that she was on vacation at the time, Kristina enthusiastically took on the task of helping me put together the best possible package for the publisher — leading ultimately to securing a deal with that publisher, who was a great fit for my book and my industry.
After we got the book deal, I was asked to write the book in six weeks, then we rushed the book through production and launched it in less than five months. Going through such an intense writing and publication schedule would have been incredibly stressful were it not for Kristina’s calm, patient guidance and assistance.
Kristina helps her authors figure out how to make writing and speaking into a career path (if that’s what they want to do), and helps them to be successful in the long-term, which I really appreciate.
I highly recommend Kristina to anyone who needs a caring, kind, smart agent who can help them sanely navigate the publishing world!”
– Beth Hayden | Author of Pinfluence: The Complete Guide to Marketing Your Business with Pinterest (John Wiley & Sons)
“We’re not at all surprised to learn that Kristina would launch her own literary agency, and we have no doubt that The Holmes Agency will be very successful. Kristina is sensitive, intelligent, caring, devoted, and thoughtful, and she has a great knack for guiding and supporting writers in every stage of their creative projects. In particular, she secured a fantastic offer from the publisher we most wanted to work with. We are very grateful for all that she has done for us. Thank you so much, Kristina!
– Dr. Laurie Steelsmith and Alex Steelsmith | Authors of Great Sex, Naturally: Every Woman’s Guide to Enhancing Her Sexuality through the Secrets of Natural Medicine (Hay House), and Natural Choices for Women’s Health: How the Secrets of Natural and Chinese Medicine Can Create a Lifetime of Wellness (Three Rivers Press/Random House)
“Kristina Holmes has shown so much care and conviction for my work, she brings the most out of me as a writer and commercial author. She has been my dream-come-true literary agent.”
– David Steinman | Bestselling author of Diet for a Poisoned Planet, The Safe Shopper’s Bible, and Safe Trip to Eden
“Kristina has the talent for finding wonderful authors, and the creativity to work with them to develop great books. We have partnered on several projects and she is a smart, sincere and savvy advocate for her clients. I have recommended her already and will continue to do so without reservations.”
– Fauzia Burke | Founder and President, FSB & Associates, Web Publicity and Social Media
“I’ve had the pleasure of working with Kristina on a few projects, and she has always been a passionate, thoughtful advocate for her authors. Kristina guides her authors through the publishing process with skill and professionalism.”
– Shana Drehs | Editorial Manager, Sourcebooks
“I’ve worked with Kristina Holmes for many years. Kristina’s projects are consistently great, and she is creative and thoughtful in how she positions and describes these opportunities. She always pushes for her authors’ best interests, but in a friendly and personable way that searches for win-wins. We’ve been lucky enough to work together with her on a few book projects, and she always has a wealth of great marketing and editorial ideas.”
– Glenn Yeffeth | Publisher, BenBella Books
“From pitch to publication, Kristina serves as a powerful resource to authors. Having worked with her on a number of projects, I value her truly collaborative nature and the fresh ideas she brings to each project. I love working with her and look forward to our next book together.”
– Lauren Murphy | Editor, John Wiley & Sons
“Kristina Holmes is a hands on, heads above agent. She masterfully blends confidence and professionalism with vision and intuition. The result is a sixth sense about how to foster success for her clients. She navigates the publishing industry with a strong back and open heart. It has been an honor to work with her.”
– Niki Dewart and Elizabeth Marglin | Authors of The Mother’s Wisdom Deck (Sterling Publishing)
“Kristina is a superb agent, committed to quality projects of integrity and heart. I loved her warmth and enthusiasm from the start, and our two years of collaboration have only increased my respect for her knowledge of the industry, her esteem for the authors she works with, and her superb communication skills. I feel lucky to have her as my agent!”
– Priscilla Stuckey, Ph.D. | Author of Kissed by a Fox: And Other Stories of Friendship in Nature (Counterpoint Press)